Tuesday, September 21, 2010

see you next year!

bon voyage summer

Today is officially the last day of summer. Really, it feels like it came and went weeks ago. Thankfully it has been cooler here in Texas; usually fall-like weather doesn't present itself until a cold front putters in around December, so this is a nice change of pace.

As far as summer goes I had many goals I did not meet... far too few popsicles, no tubing, only a handful of BBQ's, and just one movie at the Paramount. Going to San Francisco rebalanced the fun scales thankfully. I did also manage to watch Jaws and Jaws 2 roughly 7 times, collectively. It's sort of a right of passage and my inspiration for this poster. I just love the sails from the 70's and most of these are a rough translation of what was shown in the J2. If you've never watched these films, 1) really?!?!, and 2) find it on Netflix now and grab yourself a cold treat as you bid adieu to summertime.

No comments: